Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Home?

I love going home to Michigan.
I love the water, the beaches.
I love the family, the history that my family has there.
I love the sun sets over the lake.
I love the fact that I can swim in the lake and not worry about something stinging or biting me.
But is it "home"?
I mean, it will always have a place in my heart, but is it home?
Is it the place I feel comfortable?
Is it the place I want to spend forever?
Is it the place where employment that my husband enjoys is located?
No, not at this time. Maybe later in life, but right here, right now, this is home.
This is the place of comfort, the place where Bob has a job he loves. The place where Mike can recieve the services needed. If I could change one thing about where we live, it would be the education system. What was good enough for our generation IS NOT good enough for our children. But, at this moment in our lives, here is where we'll stay so HERE is where I will work to make my sons education the best it can be.