Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Am I enough?

Am I enough?
Enough of a parent to raise well behaved children? (Depends on the day.)
Enough of a child to raise happy children? (I believe so.)
Enough of a mother to raise more than my own children? (I'm not sure.) 
Enough of a wife to make my husband happy? (Yes!)
Enough of myself to not loose myself in the title of mother or wife? (Agian, unsure.)
Enough of a "christian" to make the world wonder what I have and desire it? (Probably not!)
Enough of a joyful person to make those around me happy?  (?)
Serious enough to hold deep conversations with?  (Depends on the person.)

It recently occured to me that I have 5 really good friends.  Friends I call on when my life is falling apart.  People I really try to stay in contact with.  Am I enough of a person to have that many close friends?  The average woman has only two or three that she can call close friends.  More aquantiances of course, but not "friends" as I mean it here.  So I come back to the question, Am I enough?  I guess only time will tell.

No comments: