Wednesday, December 10, 2008

:(

I'm sad.  No one showed.
I had planned to have a few friends from church over with their kids to make cookies today.  It was planned weeks ago, and I sent out an e-mail on Monday to remind and invite some I may have forgotten, and only 1 person said they couldn't come.  Not one person showed up at my house this morning.  NOT ONE...  No calls, no e-mails, nothing.  So I'm sad.  

Oh well, I know I live in the middle of nowhere.  I was just hoping that I was worth the drive to hang out with.  I had some great crafts planned for the kids.  Like I said Oh-well.     

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear this, Thea. It's hard to plan something and then have the people who accepted your invitation not come. We've all had it happen - no matter where we live.

You should follow up with your expected guest to see why they didn't show before you assume that you're not "worth the drive to hang out with." I have no idea who you invited or how many people were supposed to come, but they might have legitimate reasons for not coming. And even if they just decided not to come, well....that's their issue, right? Not yours.

I bet the cookies turned out great. :)

thea said...

I'll bring you a goodie bag on Sunday. I'm making them as gifts.

paul said...

yea... that is disappointing. So people said they would come and didn't? I agree with SJW, might want to follow up with that. (I feel like I'm training my staff: "Tell you volunteers-"You made this committment... and you didn't do it... why?"