Monday, December 7, 2009

Sat. Dec. 5th. Bob sr. took our family and Christies family to Columbus for a play. I was a bit nervous because once you go to big boy undies there's no going back to pull ups for ANYTHING!!! Mike did great! No accidents at all. (Of course I had two extra sets of clothing on hand for him just in case.) Both boys sat for almost two hours and watched a Christmas performance that was amazing!! In many ways the performance reminded me of my fav. years of my child hood. It also reaffirmed in me my desire to get to know God again. While walking in the hall way, Mike made friends with two different little girls. One who was deft, and one who was in the performance as a dancer. Both had fun playing with him. And he had fun flirting with them :) He is definitely part Keyser!
After the performance, and dinner with the family, Bob and I took the boys to a CP Parents support group Christmas party in Columbus. It was really cool to meet so many different family's from different backgrounds that have all been united by the devastation that is CP. The two families I really talked with had twins, but because of complications with the pregnancy had to deliver early, both lost one of the twins. They spent a lot more time at Children's than we did. I was able to talk with them about doctors, therapy's, procedures, and insurance, they not only understood, they where able to help. I've asked that the parents who have had SDR's done on their children contact me. There are two in the group!!! I'm so relieved and happy to find a community that understands my son, and accepts him without bias!!! Now if it was only closer to home :(
(Once again, I was reminded of how much easier life would be if we lived near a BIG city!!!)

Sunday the 6th, Bob and I dedicated the day to staying home! We played with the kids, and after we laid them down for the night, I lit the tree, and Bob set it up. There are 200 bulbs per section on the tree and 11 sections for the tree so there are over 1000 bulbs lighting up our Christmas tree this year. I think that I'm not going to put any decorations on the tree at all, just the lights and the topper! It's so pretty! Finally the Christmas spirit is upon me! (Now it's snowing!!! Could it get any better?) Daily, I watch my sons grow! Mike didn't have any accidents at all on this day! None!!! He was playing on the floor in the living room and asked me for help, actually asked. "Mommy 'elp." Then when I had helped him with the train track, he said " 'hank you". His first "Thank you". It was AMAZING!!! Greg went to the grocery store with me, and he pushed his shopping cart around and put groceries in it. We went to Powell's here in town, and they have kid carts. He loves it.

Monday the 7th. is just beginning , but I think it's going to be a great day.

Thea

No comments: