Friday, January 30, 2009

Change is a comin...

Well, where to begin?  I think the title says it all.  I'll start with the rugrats.  

Still only two and NO I'm not expecting!!!  But the two I have wow....  
Greg is growing by leaps and bounds.  He's huge, and talks a lot.  Recently he's started trying to go down the steps alone.  I'm sure he'd be able to do it, but it makes me a nervous wreach.
Mike just got a new walker, and is also growing like a weed.  He starts weekly PT in Feb.  and although it means MORE driving for me.  It'll be really good for him. 
House wise.  Although I would love to have a ranch house.  At the moment, we are staying right where we are, so that means doing some major interior redesigning.  Tearing out both stair wells, and making them bigger. Thankfully I designed a large landing at the top of the stair well between the first and second sories.  Adding 2 chair lifts $1200 -$2000 a peice, and making the basement door our front door.  (Hum.. maybe moving the front door down stairs and the basement door up here?)  Also, concreating the parking area and the area under the front porch.  A lot to do, but well worth it.  

So I guess the change is centered around our kids, mainly Mike, but that's the way of it in our house.  Most everything is centered around making Mikes enviornment as equal as Gregs.  A challange at times, a hartach at others, but the way of it for us.  

I do find reliefe in the knowledge that most everyone who takes the time to get know Mike really enjoys him, and that one day, if not in this life than in the next he won't need a walker or braces, or tubes in his body.  When we all get to Heaven, he'll be purfect, and God will have kept track of every tear that we have shed for Mike, every prayer that's ever been said for him.  That is a great comfort to me.   

No comments: