Friday, June 13, 2008

Mike....

This has been a crazy week. The days went by so fast. The week has flown by. Yesterday, Mike, Greg, Nessa, Brette and myself went to the waterpark in Marietta. It is a must for those of us who LOVE waterparks. The zero grade is awsome. Mike was able to take his walker down the zero grade and ended up out so deep he had to look up to keep his face above the water. His walker was totally under water. He went it walker, socks, braces, shoes the whole nine yards. (I got permission from all the DME people and the life gaurds at the aquatic center.) What a blast, a place where he is able to be himself, play with kids his age, and show what he can do. I am so proud of him. He truely is an amazing kid.

On a different note, Greg is a chicken. We finally got him in the water, and he warmed up to it eventually, but I don't know how he can be my son and such a chicken at the same time. Oh-well, I love him anyway. He'll grow out of it so I should enjoy his clinginess while I have it.

I can't wait to take Mike back. It is a blast.

2 comments:

thea said...

wow. For some reason that teared me up.
Thanks.

thea said...

I didn't say that. I would be interested in who did. This is the real Thea.