Sunday, April 6, 2008

Will you? Will I?

The sermon this morning set my mind to thinking...
Will I (really) devor the "Word of GOD"?
Will I accept the good with the bad?
Will I take it to heart, word for word?
Will I spend the time needed to meditate on scripture?
If it was important to Jesus it should be important to me, BUT is it?
What if I don't like what it shows me about myself? About a friend? About a family member? How will I respond to it?
What changes in my life will it create? Will I like the changes? (I'm pretty happy with the way my life is right now.)
Will others like the changes it produces or think I'm being a jerk?
The YABUT factor is way up right now and the answers are all in here, I'm just a bit of a chicken.

2 comments:

paul said...

"What changes in my life will it create? Will I like the changes? (I'm pretty happy with the way my life is right now.)"

This is an excellent question. Really.

"Will others like the changes it produces or think I'm being a jerk?"

Well... you shouldn't become a jerk. Jesus was actually very winsome. In fact, the people who thought Jesus was a jerk were the religious people. I would say if you are becoming more of a jerk, it's not of God. But from what I know of you... I don't see that happening. :O)

"The YABUT factor is way up right now and the answers are all in here, I'm just a bit of a chicken."

nice.

fuzzy_j said...

It's like you were made for blogging...