Saturday, April 26, 2008

Be careful what you ask for...

Ok, I'm going to confess. I have repetadly asked Got to either change Bob's heart or change mine when it comes to having (adopting) more kids. BUT IT BACKFIRED!!! Instead of Bob mentioning adoption or fostering, I have become more content with just my two. This is not what I planned. I thought God would surely see things my way:) Boy was I wrong. I have talked about this to a number of different friends and they all (EVERYONE) said...
1. Bob is thinking about the added stress it would bring to the family. Financially and emotionally.
2. He's in school right now and can't handle another thing on his plate at the moment.
3. When/ if the time is right you will both know, and it may be that the time will never be right for another one or two or three or four.
4. And this is the one that kills me!!!! I'll pray for you! For me? Why not for Bob? Well, duh, it's because this is my idea and I am the one who needs Gods gidance.

All that to say, I should know by now to be careful what I ask for. And thank you to all my friends who prayed for ME in this situation. Once again, I was trying to get infront of God and my husband instead of sitting back and letting them take the lead. Thanks, for not telling me I'm crazy (I already know it, it runs in my family) or saying that I should go against Bob and start the process by myself, or really critizing me at all. Again, thank you!!

2 comments:

paul said...

"This is not what I planned. I thought God would surely see things my way:)"

Yea, this is often dangerous and doesn't turn out the way you hoped. :)

thea said...

I should know by now, but time and time again I fall back into the same old trap. (Satan at work, Hummmmm, or am I just that stuborn?)