Thursday, May 22, 2008

France and Egypt...

Ok so I said I would elaborate on the trip to France only to end up in Egypt.

Here goes, try to keep up, it may be a bit confusing.

So I got pregnent= Wooohoo I'm going to France.
28 weeks of pregnancy= learning a new language, buying a new wardrobe, reading all the guide books and stuff that goes along with planning a trip.
Delivery Day 28 weeks 6 days into my pregnancy= What the fuck.... I've landed in Egypt, hot, dry, and damn scary. Not what I spent the past 28 weeks resurching, and learning about. Great! Now I have to learn a new language, and all the cloths are wrong, and what about all the cool stuff I was going to see and do in France? I'll never get to that stuff now.

If I dwell on never making it to France (AKA a normal pregnancy and delivery and child) I will never see the cool stuff in Egypt (AKA where I am now). I'll miss all the perimids, the cool people, the sights. Sure learning a new language is difficult, but if I never learn the language how can I communicate with others in Egypt? And there are a lot of others in Egypt.

Ok so that's that. Not mine originally, but I heard it and thought it was a great example of how to explain how I feel when it comes to what's going on in my world.

Oh and by the way. Mike just came up and said "kiss" then puckered up and leaned in so I could kiss him. Yet another thing to be excited about. (Another thing to see/do in Egypt.)

1 comment:

paul said...

Great analogy. And probably helpful to everyone, not mater what their Egypt. As, as some level or another, we all have them, I guess.