Saturday, May 24, 2008

The wonderlust bug...

As I sit here writting this, the house is totally quiet except for the ticking of two different clocks. Of course these clocks are ticking at different tones and intervals, weird. I am sitting at my grandmothers in Michigan, and watching the sun rise hit the trees on the field outside her dinningroom window. I must admit that whenever I come "home", I feel a strong desire to pack up and move back to SW Michigan. (Anywhere, from Battle Creek West and from Grand Rapids south to the Indiana line.)
Crazy some would say, it's cold and theres a lot of snow in the winter time, I would agree, and that's why I moved to South Carolina as soon as I was old enough. But I've had enough of the heat (hence us living in Ohio), and I miss my family. This past winter we came up here and where able to take the kids sledding (I mean really sledding!!!) Not something Ohio winters are able to provide as a general rule.
Don't get me wrong, I love where we live. We go to a good church, have a lot of cool friends, and some not so cool. Live in a wonderful house, with lots of room for the kids to run aroud. Mike has done great in school this year, and I am really looking forward to him going back next year. Our doctors and Theropists are great, and I don't know if I could find a better team of people to work with him.
But I have again, been bitten by the wonderlust bug.

2 comments:

niaodian said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
paul said...

We all long for home, don't we?